How can the public sector benefit from open source? This document summarizes the advantages of open technologies and gives practical examples.
Are you considering using open-source solutions in your local authority? Do you have experience with Linux servers, but are sceptical about whether you should use open-source technologies beyond just your infrastructure?
In this document we summarise the advantages of using open-source technologies while taking into consideration the special requirements of public sector administration. Including practical examples along the way.
Read our 15-page guide with practical examples.
- Current distribution of open-source solutions in public sector administration
- Practical Example: The German Federal Police
- Various open-source usage scenarios
- Advantages of using open-source solutions
- Practical Example: Giessen Dept. of Public Works
- Big Data as a driver for open-source software
- Requirements for service providers
- Open source: an enabler of technology
- Procurement process difficulties