openITCOCKPIT Enterprise Subscription License
|Number of monitored services||-||up to 1.000||up to 10.000||up to 30.000||up to 60.000||unlimited|
|Number of monitored hosts||-||unlimited||unlimited||unlimited||unlimited||unlimited|
|i-doit / openITCOCKPIT Connector|
|ACLs, roles and permissions|
|Enterprise Monitoring Extensions|
|Centralized Satellite Management|
|Cluster / HA|
|Price||Free||1,000 EUR||on request||on request||on request||on request|
The subscription grants a time-limited license for using the openITCOCKPIT Enterprise software. The software may be used on a production system and a maximum of two development and test systems. The number of monitored services and connected satellite systems is limited to the maximum number specified here.
Supported community modules:
Freely available community modules can also be used with openITCOCKPIT Enterprise. It-novum ensures these modules are compatible with openITCOCKPIT Enterprise and with any fee-based openITCOCKPIT Enterprise modules used. Technical support for these free modules is also included. The following modules are supported:
- check_nrpe: With NRPE, Nagios Plugins can be run remotely on Linux / UNIX devices enabling the monitoring of metrics for these devices (e.g. disk consumption, CPU load, etc.). NRPE can communicate with some of the Windows agent add-ons and thus capture metrics from Windows systems.
- Auto-reports: openITCOCKPIT offers various types of reports: With Instant Reports, for example, the user can select any period of time and receive an overview of all failures during that selected period. Current State Reports show the current status of any selected services. Downtime Reports provide information on host and service downtimes.
- Map modules: The map modules Status Map and Web Map are used to visualise network structures and oversee the status of monitored devices and their services. The icon colour of the different objects changes depending on the item's status. This makes the current status of network objects clear at a glance. Using a WYSIWYG editor, it's easy to create and edit your own maps.
- i-doit / openITCOCKPIT connector: The i-doit connector allows you to easily and quickly import infrastructure components / CIs into openITCOCKPIT. Standard, default checks for selected systems can easily be rolled out in openITCOCKPIT based on the operating system and the software assigned in the i-doit CMDB. This makes it easy to quickly allocate any checks that need to be tested.
- ACLs, roles, and permissions: use ACLs, roles, and permissions to restrict views and configuration options in openITCOCKPIT to manage user view and editing options.
- Event Correlations: Using an event correlation, different combinations of measurements can be evaluated and the corresponding results expressed in logical services. Thus, it is possible to combine actual, individual services into a single virtual service. This enables you to take granular control of escalations and notifications so that your view of essential information is preserved.
- Check_MK Integration: openITCOCKPIT helps relieve pressure on the user system by having only one active service running per host that detects data. By running a scan with Check_MK, you can automatically searched for and create new services. This add-on is available for Windows, Linux, AIX and SNMP.
- Distributed Monitoring: With distributed monitoring, satellite systems can be used to monitor their own organisational units (such as locations) without the central master system needing to have access to all the monitored components. This ensures that the values being measured are not manipulated or tampered with and organisational units can be clearly demarcated from one another.
- Pager Duty: Pager Duty is an alarm aggregation and distribution service for system administrators and support teams. It can replace SMS Gateway or Nagstamon. Using web services, it collects alarms from a wide variety of monitoring tools, presents them in an overview and sends alerts to persons or external systems, such as ServiceNow. openITCOCKPIT provides a module that opens tickets in case of problems with Pager Duty and closes them automatically when the services is restored. In addition, it informs Pager Duty that a user is handling the problem.
Included openITCOCKPIT Enterprise modules:
Depending on the contract level selected, openITCOCKPIT Enterprise can be supplemented with additional modules at no extra charge. it-novum ensures these are fully compatible with openITCOCKPIT Enterprise and the free-for-use community modules. Also, access to minor updates, patches and hotfixes for all openITCOCKPIT Enterprise modules as well as technical support for the platform itself are all guaranteed. The following modules are available for use depending on the contract level selected:
- Enterprise Monitoring Extensions: Enterprise Monitoring Extensions is the access to it-novum’s internal plugin repository. With openITCOCKPIT you can use all available Nagios plugins. Besides a selection of tested and preconfigured standard plugins, you find an expanded choice of Enterprise Application Plugins. The plugins are constantly updated and enhanced. When installing the package all important dependencies and monitoring metrics are installed and provided following a best practice approach.
- Centralized Satellite Management: In large environments in particular, manual installation and configuration on all satellites can be time-consuming and painful. Centralized Satellite Management module automates this process. For example, configuration changes or plugins can be automatically distributed to all satellites.
- High Scalability: High Scalabilty module provides monitoring of very large environments where normal Nagios installations reach their limits. Using distributed databases and optimized check distribution the monitoring system scales according to your requirements and grows with your infrastructure.
- SAP Monitoring: The openITCOCKPIT SAP monitoring module enables the comprehensive, agent-less and thus resource-efficient monitoring of SAP environments via SAPControl web services. It is also possible to capture metrics from the CCMS using this module. Easy installation via the integrated openITCOCKPIT package manager provides pre-assigned host and service templates (including Automaps) in line with best practice approaches. If required, these can also be individualised with minimal effort.
Cluster / HA:
openITCOCKPIT high availability can also be ensured locally or by using a geo-redundant cluster drawing on the Pacemaker, Corosync, Stonith and DRBDTR technologies. We use a KVM host as our base system and then install openITCOCKPIT in its own virtual machine. Should there be a disruption of the service, the system is shifted to another node in the cluster. Setting up openITCOCKPIT in a clustered environment is an optional, chargeable consulting service that is exclusively available with the Premium Level subscription licence.
For Basic Level subscribers, up to 5 support requests / incidents may be submitted per contract period. For mission-critical installations of openITCOCKPIT, for a higher number of support requests and for incident processing within guaranteed response times, we recommend concluding an ITSM support contract with us.