The structured and automated saving of e-mails as well as a method for fast determination are key demands of modern IT management. With the Alfresco Outlook Client, you can save valuable working time and thus high costs. At the same time, it gives them direct access to all e-mails, which are now a large part of the overall knowledge of a company.
The Outlook Integration Plug-In is an efficient and easy-to-use instrument to secure the centralized and structured saving and filing of mails within the company.
Alfresco Outlook Client – work in your familiar environment
The Outlook Integrations central component is an easy to install Plug-In for the Outlook-Client (as from Outlook 2010). Any register of the central Alfresco repository can be defined as a destination for e-mails and will seamlessly fade into the Outlook folder view. By applying the drag-and-drop method the user can move the e-mails into the repository, and in addition to the mail`s automatically extracted characteristic further metadata can be added when configured accordingly.
Structured Information Management - flexibly configurable
The filing of emails and their attachments can be configured comprehensively and according to the register in the Outlook-Plug-In. Apart from the manual registration of additional metadata it is also possible to only file the text of the e-mail or only the attachments, or both together. Within the context also saving a content indexation takes place.
Mailbox in Alfresco - keep an overview
Once filed in Alfresco the mails are available for research and administration in a concise mailbox view. This mailbox is characterized by the following features:
- Display of the mail content in text or HTML format
- Access to the original .msg data file for further processing in the Outlook client
- Clear display of all attachments
- Browser display of all attachments in more than 200 file formats (with the Document-Viewer for Alfresco)
- Extensive search and research functions through keywords and full-text indexing
Features within Outlook
- Attachments Stripping, automated deposition of attachments, link to the attached file will be send in the mail
- Integration of the Alfresco Workflow Engine
- Alfresco Share / Alfresco Explorer-Site available with context menus
- Support for 11 languages – e.g. German, Englisch, Spanish, French, Portuguese, etc.
- Attach Documents (also as link) via drag & drop from the Alfresco Repository via context menu
- Edit Documents online
- Tagging and full text indexing
- Visualisation of already stored emails with an icon in your inbox
- Hover-Preview for Alfresco-Documents in Outlook
- Define personal favorites on site-, folder- and document-level
- By double-click a document it will open in the assigend application
- Drag & Drop emails and documents within Outlook
- Advanced display of search results
- Duplicate matching during archiving on repository-, site- and folder-level
- Context menus with numerous DMS functions
- Integrated Alfresco Search (Folder, Documents, Full Text etc.) with customizable search fields
- Email-Archiving with Stubbing
- View complete Email-Details, also if they are stored via Stubbing, are accessible via the context menu
Features within Alfresco
- Email-Details at a glance in Alfresco Share
- Individual search mask for Emails in Share
- Improved Look & Feel
- Email-Headerbox in the Mail-Previwith all important information and direct access to attachments
- “New Email”-Action directly within Alfresco