Leading in Business Open Source solutions and consulting
it-novum is the leading IT consultancy for Business Open Source in the German-speaking market. Founded in 2001, it-novum today is a subsidiary of the publicly-held KAP AG.
We operate with more than 85 employees from our main office in Fulda and branch offices in Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Vienna and Zurich to serve large SME enterprises as well as big companies in the German-speaking markets.
it-novum is a longtime accredited partner of a wide range of Open Source products. We mainly focus on the integration of Open Source with Closed Source and the development of combined Open Source solutions and platforms.
Due to the ISO 9001:2015 certification it-novum belongs to one of the few Open Source specialists who can prove the business suitability of their solutions, proven by international quality standards.
More than 15 years of Open Source project experience
Our portfolio contains a wide range of Open Source solutions within the applications and infrastructure area as well as own product developments which are well-established in the market.
As an IT consulting company with a profound technical know-how within the Business Open Source area we differentiate ourselves from the big solution providers’ standard offerings. Because our solutions are not only scalable and flexible but also integrate seamlessly in your existing IT infrastructure.
We can assemble multidisciplinary project teams, consisting of engineers, consultants and business data processing specialists. Thus we combine business know-how with technological excellence to build sustainable business processes.
Our target is to provide you with a high-quality level of consulting during all project phases – from the analysis and conception up to the implementation and support.
As a decision-making basis prior to the project’s start we offer you a Proof-of-Concept. Through a real-case simulation and a developed prototype you can decide on a new software without taking any risks. Moreover, you benefit from:
- Security and predictability
- Clear project methodology
- Sensible calculation
In its leading role within the applications area it-novum reverts to a comprehensive software portfolio of Enterprise Open Source solutions. Within the infrastructure area it-novum relies on well-established software manufacturers as well as on own product developments. Contact our experts of the respective business department for project support or implementation: it-novum Business Open Source Team
Milestones in our company's history
Although it-novum has been in operation since 2001, the company's history actually extends back into the 1960s. As a pioneer in open source business solutions, we have been flying the flag for the open source community since 2005. We not only implement open source business projects, we also develop our own open source products, providing software that supports areas such as monitoring (openITCOCKPIT), document transfer (Alfresco Geo-Caching) and ITSM Analytics (openLIGHTHOUSE).
- Founding of IT company Mehler Engineering & Service GmbH
New disposition system
- Commissioning of a COBOL-based, in-house developed goods flow and disposition system for production planning and control in the textile industry
- Mehler AG is incorporated into KAP AG, a listed company. The number of employees rises in the meantime to over 2,000 (in Germany and abroad).
Founding of it-novum GmbH
- it-novum GmbH is founded from the IT department at Mehler Engineering & Service GmbH.
- The data centre is virtualised and changed over to a cluster system
Focus on open source
- A focus on open source software and solutions and SAP interfaces
- Portfolio expanded to include Business Intelligence
- Development of openITCOCKPIT monitoring software begins
- Portfolio expanded to include Enterprise Content Management
- openITCOCKPIT receives the business award for SMEs
Partnerships, foreign branch & certification
- it-novum becomes first Nagios Enterprise Partner in Germany
- Opening of first foreign branch office in Vienna, Austria
- Certification as SAP Customer Competence Centre and SAP Business Partner
- Exclusive implementation of open source software in projects in the field of infrastructure, enterprise content management and business intelligence. As a result, it-novum provides one of the most extensive portfolios of open source solutions on the German-speaking market.
openITCOCKPIT, ISO 9001 & partnerships
- openITCOCKPIT is provided to the community under an open source licence
- ISO 9001 certification
- SAP Extended Business Partner status
- openQRM becomes partner of the infrastructure sector
Partnerships & software development
- i-doit names it-novum as first Preferred Partner for qualified Service and Support provision
- Development of open source Ceph and storage management software openATTIC begins
Publications & partnerships
- The ECM department publishes the "Alfresco and Liferay" manual with Hanser Verlag
- Infobright and MongoDB become partners for Big Data solutions
Community, partnerships, publications, awards & products
- The first Pentaho Community Meeting in Germany takes place – organised by it-novum
- Through numerous partner status upgrades, it-novum's efforts in open source business solutions are honoured – it-novum becomes Pentaho Premium Partner, Alfresco Platinum Partner and Liferay Silver Partner.
- New partnership with Cloudera as further Big Data solution
- First partner on the German-speaking market for the Ephesoft input management solution
- Pentaho praises our project at automotive parts supplier BOS as a "platform innovation"
- Our BI department publishes the "Pentaho and Jedox" handbook with Hanser Verlag
- openATTIC introduced to general public at the world's largest open source event, the OpenStack Summit.
Expansion, products & partnerships
- it-novum opens office in Berlin due to increased project demand from public administration and federal authorities
- Expansion of Vienna office to satisfy the growing number of customer projects
- Further development of own products: releases of openATTIC v2 and openITCOCKPIT v3
- New partners in the infrastructure sector: it-novum becomes Red Hat Advanced Business Partner and Technology Partner. With JDisc we cooperate as Preferred Partner for Large Enterprise Business.
- ECM sector partner portfolio is complemented by inclusion of DocuSign
- openATTIC released under full open source licence.
Partnerships, events, expansion
- The software company SUSE is partnering with it-novum to expand our storage product openATTIC into a management platform for Ceph.
- The Pentaho User Meeting, organized by it-novum and Pentaho, is taking place for the third time and becomes a fixed calendar entry for BI and Big Data users.
- The event format "Praxis-Workshop ITSM" is being put into practice: use cases and practical tips by experts are the focus.
- it-novum is opening a branch office in Dortmund to better serve customers in the West of Germany.
- Certification as the only Jedox training partner in Austria.
- SUSE purchases openATTIC and the entire storage business segment from it-novum to add the software to its enterprise storage portfolio. The acquisition received great attention from the media, underscoring the innovative power of our solutions.
Acquisition, Software development
- it-novum took over the business unit Enterprise Content Management of Westernacher Solutions AG.
This makes it-novum the largest provider of Alfresco services and solutions in Europe.
- Development of openLIGHTHOUSE ITSM analytics software, powered by Pentaho®, begins
- Opening of second foreign branch office in Zurich, Switzerland
Are you a software engineer, consultant or business information specialist looking for a new challenge?
Then please have a look at our current job listings on our careers website. There you will find attractive opportunities in commercial open source programming and project management. And please feel free to contact us regarding training, internships or student trainee positions. Become a member of the it-novum team!