Pentaho and SAP: Powerful tools for flexibly evaluating SAP data
SAP is the standard ERP solution in many companies and by combining it with the Pentaho business intelligence platform, you can gain valuable insights from your SAP data and create real business value.
Processing SAP data within Pentaho Data Integration (PDI), however, is currently only possible to a limited extent. For example, customers frequently require a standard function for extracting or loading SAP ERP or BW.
Working with SAP data isn't easy . . .
Some of the challenges facing companies include:
- SAP data may not meet data quality expectations
- Securing and protecting sensitive SAP data
- The need to migrate and modernise SAP applications
- Acquiring SAP data for strategic and tactical decisions
Difficulties around integrating data with SAP include:
- Data often has differing proprietary formats and structures
- Steep learning curve for developers
- SAP programmers are not data integration experts
A possible scenario for SAP data integration
- SAP data is required for strategic and tactical decisions
- SAP data has a proprietary format and structure
- SAP data is transaction oriented
- Preparation and enrichment of SAP data
- Storage of historical data in the data warehouse / lake
- Automated, standardised processes
- Better availability of data for decision-making
- Increased data quality
- Reduction of manual tasks and activities
Gain valuable insights from your company data
With the Pentaho/SAP Connector from it-novum, a wide range of processing options for SAP data is at your disposal. The Connector offers an easy-to-use user interface for processing SAP data with Pentaho Data Integration. The following SAP steps are supported:
- SAP ERP Table Input
- SAP BW/ERP RFC Executor
- SAP BW DSO Input
- SAP BW Infocube Input
With the Pentaho/SAP Connector, application scenarios and use cases such as onboarding, blending or offloading of SAP data can easily be realised.
The Pentaho/SAP Connector has state-of-the-art functionality and is continuously being expanded to include further SAP steps.
What you should know about the Connector technology
|Connection to SAP ERP||Connection to SAP BW|
|You can use all data from all SAP modules With the Pentaho/SAP Connector (e.g. FI, CO, MM, etc.). The connector relies on RFC functional modules (BAPI's) and SAP tables, thus you can also query complex and nested SAP structures (such as cost centre groups or only the structures/data that exist at runtime in the SAP System).||The Pentaho/SAP Connector from it-novum offers a cost-effective way to extract SAP data from "expensive" SAP landscapes using offload scenarios. The data can then be further processed as needed. You can access BW data using two different scenarios: The staging area data can be extracted by accessing SAP Data Store Objects (DSO) or by means of analytical workloads (querying) at the data warehouse layer (SAP InfoCubes).|
Pentaho/SAP Connector: Your Benefits
Flexible, easy-to-use analysis of SAP data
Seamless and easy integration with SAP ERP/BW
Support for Metadata Injection
Cost-effective offloading scenarios
Data blending of SAP data